Ironmaster

MDFraley

Thought I might share this even though it doesn't directly pertain to any one specific piece of cast iron.
I was doing some research a few days ago on "Iron Age/ Foster Stove Co." and came across this particular link.
Knowing we (CIC) have a lot of female members I thought you may be delighted to know that Nannie Kelly Wright was the worlds "only" female ironmaster.
I've attached the link for your reading pleasure even though I did not find anything here directing me to what I was looking for.
You can scroll down until you get to her name if you are just interested in her Bio or do as I did and read the entire piece.
It's well established that there were countless foundry's that produced CI in that era so I wouldn't be surprised that there are many pieces that we may come across which may never be accurately identified.
Enjoy.....
http://www.herald-dispatch.com/spec...cle_cfa7e330-cd48-50fe-bc3e-7dd6d4cce88f.html

Michael, thank you for this link! Always fascinated by "local" history, much of which is hidden in such interesting pubs. I would love to visit that area of the country. My parents and many relatives were Buckeyes, and I've lived for a long time with Ohio iron.

Back