RIP Stover #8 Waffle Iron

J Scott

Found an old Stover 8 Waffle Iron at a Flea Market the other day for $16. It was pretty nasty but a few hours in my e-tank was taking the mess off and it was looking pretty good after the initial soak.

As I was getting it set back up for another soak the most aggravating thing happened. I dropped it, flat on my concrete car port. Snapped half of the lid joint right off. :oops: At this point I don't what to do. I'm going to continue to clean it but I am dissapointed with myself for this one.

One thing you may consider if your handy and have the tools to do is re-purpose it into something useful like a base for a lamp or a clock.
Here's an image of one that I did which had the ball joint on the tip broken off. One of my antique shops was throwing it away so I salvaged it to live another life. I gifted my grand daughters with them and they simply loved them.
http://imgur.com/a8oNDCc

J Scott
If one of the paddles is still good, save it. Sooner or later you will find a broken set somewhere and find your matching paddle. It has happened to me, but only once.

Send me a picture, I may have a gift for you.

Jack

Last edited:
J Scott
If one of the paddles is still good, save it. Sooner or later you will find a broken set somewhere and find your matching paddle. It has happened to me, but only once.

Send me a picture, I may have a gift for you.

Jack

Not really sure how to send individuals pics. Although I could just post here. As a "What not to do" kinda thing.

That's very clever. I have a Keen Kutter waffle maker that FedEx broke during shipping. Still trying to figure out what to do with it.

Back