eBay Headings

You better look closer. I believe I saw the word ERIE in caps nearer the handle. Clean it up, it'd make a good user if nothing else.

You better look closer. I believe I saw the word ERIE in caps nearer the handle. Clean it up, it'd make a good user if nothing else.

You're right...
It and last weekend's #10 are too big to go in the lye bucket so I'll have to wait a bit for cleaning.

Ebay:

CRACKED!! Griswold #4 Cast Iron Skillet Slant ERIE Logo Heat Ring

$45.00

Last edited:
Wow! A broken pan. :roll: I know CI is a rather friable metal, but that one's just too much! Do you think it would be a good example of CI breakage? People never cease to amaze... I must admit some of the strange e-Bay descriptions look like they were constructed with every search term the seller could think up.

Not eBay, but check out this "Antique Exceptionally Fine INDIAN WAPAK Hollow Ware Lg Cast Iron Skillet Indian Logo Fry Pan No. 8 Professionally Cleaned & Seasoned Ready $225.00"

link

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

Oh, my! And this "Vintage Fine GRISWOLD Iron Mountain Line Cast Iron Egg Skillet Pan No. 3 Professionally Cleaned, Seasoned Organically Ready To Cook
$84.00"

link

Griswold?!? :icon_rofl:

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Vintage WAGNER Ware No. 5 Cast Iron Culinary Skillet Fry Pan Professionally Cleaned and Seasoned Organically Ready to use
$65.00 USD

Vintage item from the 1940s

link

(Ignore the "Make in USA" part, OK?)

Generally speaking, if a pan is from that company when I'm on Etsy, I ignore it. CentralFlskillet and CastIronKev are good sellers though.

Last edited:
Generally speaking, if a pan is from that company when I'm on Etsy, I ignore it. CentralFlskillet and CastIronKev are good sellers though.

I didn't realize that it attracted that sort of seller. SeaGlassBiscuit, the seller I quoted above, claim "We Specialize in High Quality Cast Iron Cookware and have been Avid Cast Iron & Antique Collectors for 30 Years." (bolding mine)

Glad I'm at least a little educated in that area (thanks mostly to this site)

Maybe a little more time reading and learning, and a little less time mocking...

http://www.castironcollector.com/unmarked.php#griswold

Ouch! My mistake.

For what its worth, mocking was not my intention. Contributing was what I thought I was doing. I was mistaken about that Griswold, and think it was a pretty obvious mistake for someone that has only been collecting for a short time. Was I also mistaken about my other two links?

Last edited:
Not eBay, but check out this "Antique Exceptionally Fine INDIAN WAPAK Hollow Ware Lg Cast Iron Skillet Indian Logo Fry Pan No. 8 Professionally Cleaned & Seasoned Ready $225.00"

link

That Wapak though, is it a reproduction? The emblem looks awful, and the number looks wrong.

It's genuine, just showing a little wear. There are two different handles on these. On one, the bottom is hollowed; the other, like this one, is "filled". The style of the number varies as well, with one being like this one, and the other raised in bas relief.

It's genuine, just showing a little wear. There are two different handles on these. On one, the bottom is hollowed; the other, like this one, is "filled". The style of the number varies as well, with one being like this one, and the other raised in bas relief.

Good to know. Maybe I'll get to see one someday. Thanks Doug.

I have done business with Sea Glass Primitives and I was completely satisfied with my purchase. I wrote one of the 878 positive seller reviews in the list. The customer service was wonderful and the shipping was prompt and well packaged. I often look through the cast iron he has in his etsy store and read the descriptions just to pick up pointers on how to correctly market vintage cast iron and also just to gaze at the beautiful work he does restoring these pieces of history.

Back