Some Pics from the Dinkys Auction Last Week.

D_Madden

https://imgur.com/gallery/xFQk9xj

lots of interesting pieces, some that I've never seen before... the griswold flop griddles, a couple of gem pans... the tiny erie skillets, deep dutch ovens... this sale had aprox 40 dutch ovens and almost all of them were griswold... lots of them sold with the trivet and prices were pretty good... I should have bought more than I did.

I bought more than I should have...

I got a few skillets, a #9 tite top baster with trivet, an unmarked gem pan that looks like the wc davis 10 cup honeycomb pan. two different victor waffle irons (one scissor hinge) both with correct bases. the griswold button hinge krumkake wafer iron with base, a #28 wheat pan, a couple of griswold #3 gems, another griswold heat regulator, a griswold #11 square waffle iron with high base (the base has a chipped section on one corner), a griswold 140 turks head pan, and a 14 turks head...
but I got to see some pretty rare pieces and watch the other bidders spend thousands on some pieces.

Now thats a place Id love to go to! I have never seen anything remotely close to this where I live (PA). Maybe I dont get out much. Thanks so much for the pics.........one can at least drool, right?

Now thats a place Id love to go to! I have never seen anything remotely close to this where I live (PA). Maybe I dont get out much. Thanks so much for the pics.........one can at least drool, right?

that's the part that I like the most.. even if I wasn't planning on bidding on or buying anything... you get the chance to see some pieces that you might never see 'in the wild' in decades of looking at flea markets and thrift shops and estate sales.

Back