One More Step Closer.......

SeanD

One last step closer to having my wood stove in by winter. Its a LOT more work than I thought, but itll be well worth it here in PA. The stove copany is fro the same town as Lodge. I thought that was cool.

Attachments

• stove 1.jpg
    stove 1.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 41
  • stove 2.jpg
    stove 2.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 42
Got the fire board installed, and some stove pipe. Not drafting right yet, so its up on the ladder today to get it higher up. Anyone looking to do this theirselfs, its a LOT of work, nothing fits right from the store, and my stress level is rising, lol......one more day I hope....its 39 here today so Ill need the extra heat this winter.

Are you using an old window opening? What are you doing for a chimney outside or just double-walled pipe? Cool stove you have there.

Thanks.....the window is now firebaord, the top is still glass. I have an old house, so its single pane glass, but we put the bottom window up and sealed it tight, so its almost like double pane glass. The Stove pipe is double wall going thru the fireboard in the window. The rest of it is just single wall stove pipe and brackets. Its been a trip doing this.....Got it done today. Ill post pics soon.

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

as a side note, I got the wrong caulking I guess, so I re did it this morning with 2000 degree caulk.

I didnt like to put on the stove pipe tape, but I had too. This is an ongoing project for me and my wife, and I THINK we are done.........gotta hang the fireboard to the walls, but thats it.

Attachments

• wood stove 1.jpg
    wood stove 1.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 24
  • wood stove 2.jpg
    wood stove 2.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 25
I would also put a spark arresting can on the top of the outside pipe. I use a stove like yours to heat my shop and found a small fan blowing on the stove helped circulate the heat.

Thanks for the ideas.....we put a rain cap on the pipe, so far so good. I may try to paint that tape,,I hated to use the tape, but caulking just wasnt enough. Its where the double wall meets the single wall pipe. Had our first real fire last night, no smoke, lol.....I almost gave up.

Got it up and running, just a few odds and ends. Went to make a fire this morning, no go........then I read online that the flu needs primed, or heated up. I used a hair dryer and it worked really well. Im good to go for the winter. I have a freind that can get my kiln dried oak wood anytime I wanna haul it, so thats great!

Attachments

• fire.jpg
    fire.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 22
Well, I d say I saved at least 400 dollars so far for heat. Probably more. I have about 900 into installing it, so Im half way to paying for itself already.

Back