3 Notch Lodge, Need Help With Age

Daniel S

Hi I'm new, and this is my grandmother's pan that I reseasoned. According to the guide on here it is a 1940s-50s produced 3 notch Lodge. But according to someone who say he knows better (don't they all say that) these pans are post 1965 "DISA era" models. Can anyone who knows better tell me whats right? I'v also contacted Lodge's customer service but I won't hold my breath on them getting back to me quickly with historical knowledge of discontinued merchandise production from 60-80 years ago.

The lack of SK and Made in USA to me places the pan before the DISA machines were acquired. It appears Lodge and BSR both implemented a form of automated mold creation before they got DISAmatics. The numbers on the raised flat blob are considered to be shift identifiers due to their limitation to numerals 1-3. I'd therefore assume this pan to be early 1950s.

There's one just like it at a local (to me) resale shop. Been thinking about adding it to the #9 that I just recently purchased, from the same shop. Has a slight wobble, though, and I can't tell if it's in the pan, itself, or caused by the heavy crud that is built up on the bottom of it.

Back