Hello from Delaware!

BobbiC

Hi everyone. I just joined this site after visiting many, many times. I inherited three cast iron skillets from my late mother and thanks to this site, I've restored them (and I use them A LOT!!). My goal now is to get additional skillets to have two complete sets. I don't have pictures to post here yet unfortunately, but two of the pans are WagnerWare and the third is I thinka BSR (not sure though) marked 7 S with a "B" above it. The Wagners are smooth bottoms, the other has an outside heat ring. My daughter is getting married next year and I'd really like to be able to give her one of her grandmother's pans with additional sizes from the same series/manufacturer. I rarely see cast iron at any of the thrift stores in my area, occasionally on Craigslist and some of the little antique marts. So finding the additional pans is not going to be easy - but it sure is fun looking!!!

BobbieC.
welcome I find cast iron in all kinds of strange places so have hope. You might look around for estate sales and small auction houses in your area. The experience can be fun and the pans are still out there just waiting to go home with you. Also do not be afraid to ask for 10% or more off items at antique malls to save a little more.

Thanks! I will do that. I did see a pan similar to my 7 S pan on Ebay. It was marked 3 S but did not have the B above it. I went ahead and bid on it and got it. So I'm happy about that. If it turns out it doesn't "belong" with my 7 S, that's okay - it looks like a cute little pan! After reading on this forum about some shipping mishaps I'm sorry I didn't send instructions. Although the seller had good reviews and a bunch of cast iron, so I'm hopeful.....

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Also, the 3 S was only $12.99!

Looks like you've got yourself a BSR Red Mountain 7S. The "B" is just the pattern identifier.

The S series were only produced early on and they're slightly smaller than their non-S equivalent - the 7S is the size of a regular BSR 6. They're some of the less common BSRs out there.

Nice find.

thanks! These were inherited from my Grandmother/Mother (not sure whose was whose as my Mom ended up with all of them). Another member here also helped me confirm the BSR. Now I'm going to try to find the 5 to go with it! This is exciting and I can see how it can be addicting!

Back