Corn Stick Pan ?s

AnthonyG

I found a corn stick (I think its the right term....new to cast iron cookware) pan that has 22 slots. Similar to the 11 slot pans that look like a half round bar but half sized sticks. Will try to post a picture soon.

Anyway, I have not been able to find anything about them. Can someone give me some info? Values?

They had 2 at a local antique shop with slight differences. I bought the $15 one but there is a $45 one too. No name on either just different handle patterns.

Thanks for any info.

Sounds like bread stick pans. Griswold and Wagner both made them in 11 and 22 (half stick) designs. Griswold's were the #22 and #23; Wagner called them "E" and "EE". Check out the Gem & Muffin Pans page on the website for photos. Unmarked versions exist, and you may or may not be able to tell if they are Griswold or Wagner made, the handles usually being the only clue. If in good shape with no chips, cracks or warpage, the unmarked pans I would say go for $15-20, less if you can bargain.

I didnt see that on the main page. It is exactly like the 23 or EE. Maybe once I clean it up it will be easier to identify.

The other one I spotted had fancier handles (hard to describe). I thought it could make a great mold for wheel weight ingots, but I didnt want to do that with something that might have value.

I have been going around with my uncle who has recently got into cast iron stuff and even acquired a couple pieces myself. Going to research more on the subject before I clean them up and get ready to try cooking with them.

Thanks much

Back