Erie Tins?

TonyR

Found these two ERIE pie tins at the St. Vinnie's dig & save. Anyone know if these are associated with ERIE CI? They're 8 1/2" across. And they have holes in the bottom.
Honestly, they were 50 cents so what the heck.

Attachments

• IMG_2947.jpg
    IMG_2947.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2948.jpg
    IMG_2948.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2946.jpg
    IMG_2946.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 30
Yeah, it must be from an old bakery in Erie. The name caught my eye. I've discovered that the holes in the plate were to keep the crust flaky.
I have an old pie plate from the long closed, long revered Old Spanish Kitchen in Los Angeles. Still, they're kind of cool.

Yeah, it must be from an old bakery in Erie. The name caught my eye. I've discovered that the holes in the plate were to keep the crust flaky.
I have an old pie plate from the long closed, long revered Old Spanish Kitchen in Los Angeles. Still, they're kind of cool.
You must admit, though that the coincidence between your pie pans and pre-Griswold skillets is Erie.

I find it a bit ironic that folks call the Erie marked cookware "pre-Griswold," but no one calls the unmarked Griswold cookware "post-Griswold." It's all Griswold.

I find it a bit ironic that folks call the Erie marked cookware "pre-Griswold," but no one calls the unmarked Griswold cookware "post-Griswold." It's all Griswold.
I find it a bit ironic that we call it pre-Griswold rather than "The Butt Factory".

Seriously, though,

1887 - After an 1885 fire, the factory is rebuilt, and the company reorganized as Griswold Manufacturing Co.

1884 was when they started using the Griswold name (with the diamond logo). So, while it was all made by the Griswold family, some of it is still "pre-Griswold" in the sense of the company name and logo, correct? Seems that way to me.

Back