'Lo all. New member

ShawnE

Hi All,

My name is Shawn and I live in the Santa Cruz mountains of Ca. I haven't been a CI collector, but I do use ci for cooking. My daily driver is a 50s lodge 8SK that my step mother gave me in the 70s.

I came across this site when I decided that I needed some more CI that wasn't current. I don't like the contemporary Lodge as well as my favorite 8SK.

Time to start hunting.

hi Shawn. welcome. you've come to the right place. lots of nice folks with lots of great information. -jade

I haven't been a CI collector,

I think we all said that at one point. Until........ The sickness....... Took Over........

Tetanus poisoning! You'll get it. The rust will start coursing through your veins, your vision will narrow and when browsing thrift stores, flea markets, and antique stores, glancing at items for sale your eyes will only see either rust or the deep dark blackness that only comes with well seasoned cast iron..

You are becoming one of us..........

You are becoming one of us...

You are becoming one of us.

:twisted:

Damn it, you're right. Just what I needed, another obsession. While in town today, I picked up 3 more including a nice light bottom gated #8. I'll post pictures when I get them cleaned up.

i consider this a very good hobby for people. Not only are you passing history when u save old cast iron but it is a great investment when bought at the right price. I have maybe $400 into $2000 worth of cast iron. But I've never bought a piece from anywhere that knows what they have either.

Back