Question About a Likely Unmarked Lodge #8

WO'Brien

I picked up what looks like an unmarked Lodge # 8, it has a heat ring with three breaks in it at 3, 9 and 12, my question is above the 8 is a 2 with a circle around it. I wonder if anybody can let me know what that is and if it indicates anything that would help me more accurately date it.

Also, I paid $15 for it which I thought was an OK price, not a steel not a bargain, would you agree?

My opinion, If it doesn't have cracks or chips, sits flat, isn't pitted, And you want it too use, you did ok. You will have a better quality pan than a new one to use and didn't break the bank. I have seen them priced from $3.25 to $35.

Thanks guys. The numer is raised so I guess it is a plant shift identifier. Why would they mark that? For internal quality/process controls maybe?

Russell you described it well. I don't have a lot of opportunities to shop for these so unless I wanted to wait a very long time I didn't see a much better price coming any time soon so I will consider it a fair deal.

I actually paid $15 for an unmarked Lodge 1-notch this weekend. It has a little pitting but it's the first one I've seen with a raised #8 on top of the handle and I can live with a tiny amount of pitting. My pet peeve is that I can't stand a pan that doesn't sit flat!

Back