Griswold #14

BMilliken

Picked up a Griswold # 14 frying pan at a yard sale for 12 bucks. Has a crack from the handle to the center of the pan. Is it worth anything?

Picked up a Griswold # 14 frying pan at a yard sale for 12 bucks. Has a crack from the handle to the center of the pan. Is it worth anything?

It maybe worth something if someone wanted it for a display. I have several that will never be used but look great on my display. What logo?

I would find a good welder to braise it. I've seen several skillets that have been repaired. You can see the repair as it looks like brass or bronze. But they had been used after the repair. Wall hanger is ok but I rather use it!

Milliken, can you post a picture of the pan and the crack? Does the crack go through the pan? Can you see the crack on both the cooking surface and the bottom of the pan?

I would find a good welder to braise it. I've seen several skillets that have been repaired. You can see the repair as it looks like brass or bronze. But they had been used after the repair. Wall hanger is ok but I rather use it!

A really good welder would not braise it, but use stick welding with a cast iron rod so you are repairing with a similar metal and thus not leaving the brass or bronze look. What ever you choose is acceptable to you, but repairing it certainly makes it useable and your fried chicken or what ever you are cooking in it won't care what it looks like!

Back