Help Identifying

JasonL

Didn't have my camera to take a picture but i'll describe as best as I can.

The first one, It's a number 8, possible heat ring, not sure. Small capital A stamped on the underside of the handle. It say (101/2 inch skillet in small block lettering about 3in up centered from the bottom of the pan.

The second has an outside heat ring. And what looks like a small triangle with possibly the number 8 in it and the letter E right next to that. Right above 6 oclock, maybe a 1/2 above bottom center.

13227196385_c21aeb343c_c.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

13227464303_287b068ae8.jpg

13227466683_872703a5ab.jpg

Last edited:
The first one should not have a heat ring and is an unmarked Wagner ~ 1950s to early 60s. The other one, I think you may mean a diamond shape rather than a triangle, which sounds like a late unmarked Favorite or Chicago Hardware Foundry.

Awesome, what did people do before this website. So there going for 20 and 25 and I was thinking of buying one of them but I have a lodge that I picked up for a user. What are your thoughts? I know to each is own, but are they worth buying from a collecting stand point.

Last edited:
Both would have to be in perfect condition for me to consider paying those prices. If you can negotiate them down, or want just one, the Favorite is the better quality pan of the two. I got a #5 just like it for $10 recently, and it's an excellent piece.

Back