• If a web search for the answer to your cast iron cookware question has brought you directly to this forum, the information you seek may be covered in one of the many reference topics featured on the main website.

Quick Links: · Main Website · How to Identify Unmarked Pans · All About Cleaning & Seasoning · Reproductions & Counterfeits · Commonly-Used Terms

• Threads in this Recipe File forum should begin with an actual, typed (by you) recipe including ingredients, quantities, and detailed instructions.
    If a recipe copied from another source, credit should be given to that source. Readers may feel free to reply with comments or ask questions about the recipe in the thread. If viewing a recipe makes you think of one you wish to share, please start a new thread with it. Requests for recipes or for cooking help, and postings about other cooking subjects should be made in the Cooking In Cast Iron forum.

Pletts

The Plett Pancake Recipe

In a mixing bowl with a good pouring lip:

1 egg (or 2 whites)
1 cup flour
1+1/4 cup milk
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt

Mix with a whisk to make them nice and fluffy.

Get the pan hot. Using a stick of butter where you have peeled the wrapper back, apply butter to the circles of the pan. Then pour the batter into the divots and cook on one side. When the tops are starting to get a little firm, use a mini-spatula or a knife to flip them. When they are all done you can pick up the whole pan and turn it over above a serving tray to get the pancakes off in one swoop.

Can you guess which recipe we searched for fifteen minutes this morning before we made it?

Top with syrup, fruit, jelly, powdered sugar, etc.
Serves 3 when served alongside some fresh fruit and maybe a little sausage patty.

13c2c21d4a9b6321e424cda59556bbc9.jpg
608460ba934bda34b9d172d0bcba9de0.jpg
fa4bd0bd48a428ab273c9a836e2e18e4.jpg

Sent from my RCT6272W23 using Tapatalk

There you go. I think I just figured out why these were created. Pocket pancakes for workers and kids. With a leavening agent (baking powder) they would be lighter and more fragile like a normal pancake.

Thanks. If I’m wrong please keep it to yourself as I haven’t done my homework. You get my vote on the pie filling!

Hilditch

A couple more recipes:

Swedish Pancakes Recipe - Plett Pan

http://www.knaddison.com/me-licio-us/swedish-pancakes-recipe-plett-pan

also:
http://www.fjorn.com/33721.html

3 eggs
1 cup of milk
1½ cups sifted flour
1 tbs. sugar
½ tsp. salt
½ cup cream
2 tbs. melted butter
Lingonberry sauce or maple syrup
Confectioner’s sugar

Beat the eggs until very light and airy. Add half of the milk to the eggs. Sift flour with sugar and salt. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Add cream, butter, and remaining milk.
Ladle batter into each of the depressions of the plett pan and turn when bottoms are golden brown. For an authentic Swedish dish, top each pancake with two tablespoons of Lingonberry sauce and roll it up. Otherwise, they are delicious when stacked and topped with maple syrup. Sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar.

Me too - on Sunday. I took a couple of big handfuls and put them in a sandwich bag with a tbsp of sugar. Pounded with fist to break ’em open & let sit an hour mixing a couple of times.

Mixed 3/4 of them right into the pancake batter and then the other 1/4 went on top after plating. Had blueberry syrup available but didn’t use it as the maple syrup & blueberries was a 9. These are not pocket pancakes.

Thanks for letting us taste them again.

Hilditch

Back