Another Mainer On Board!

RyanS

Hello to all from central Maine! Wonderful site here and look forward to stopping in from time to time... Being native to the state, I have a special interest in local foundries that were up and running here over a century ago. I've had the pleasure of knowing MikeZ for a while now and love his passion for CI...just a neat, neat fellow with endless energy! :p
Enjoy your weekend folks!

Hello to all from central Maine! Wonderful site here and look forward to stopping in from time to time... Being native to the state, I have a special interest in local foundries that were up and running here over a century ago. I've had the pleasure of knowing MikeZ for a while now and love his passion for CI...just a neat, neat fellow with endless energy! :p
Enjoy your weekend folks!

Welcome to the Forum, Ryan! Here you'll find all the help, camaraderie and entertainment one can ask for in the way of cast iron cookware! I have to agree that MikeZ is a fine fellow who I enjoy visiting. His interests range far beyond iron and it's all interesting to me.
Now for a reality check. It seems folks in Maine have a reputation for undercharging out-of-staters for local vintage cast iron. Don't fall into that trap, these flatlanders are all wealthy and can well afford to pay top dollar!:laughup:

Well gee, guys. Thanks for the kind words. I personally think we all need some iron in our diets and some of us require more than others. It's always great to be with a kindred spirit, whose eyes don't glaze over after a few minutes of talking about my passion. We're all in this together, each with their special interests and we should be able to work together collectively and collaboratively. I'd be lost without this site and the information it offers and any mutually beneficial associations are frosting on the cake.

Ryan, as a newbie, remember that there's a fine line between fan and fanatic… (I'm okay, aren't I?)

The attached photo doesn't clearly show the wording on this Stuart advertising piece (?), which reads "Feranc(g?)ee-HP" "For Iron Deficiency Anemia".

Attachments

• Anemia.jpg
    Anemia.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 11
Here is something to sink your teeth into.

http://www.castironcollector.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3259

I have been known to sneak over from VT to do a little poaching for iron in ME.:biggrin:

I did see that a while back- sharp iron! Nothing wrong with hopping the border and doing a little "digging" :icon_thumbsup:

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

It seems folks in Maine have a reputation for undercharging out-of-staters for local vintage cast iron. Don't fall into that trap, these flatlanders are all wealthy and can well afford to pay top dollar!:laughup:

No doubt...however...who said anything about selling? :lol:

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

It's always great to be with a kindred spirit, whose eyes don't glaze over after a few minutes of talking about my passion.
I can't imagine that. :chuckle:
Great to see you this morning! See you again soon my friend.

Thank you all for the warm welcome...fun place to check in with from time to time...I will make it a point to post some images in the coming months.

I did see that a while back- sharp iron! Nothing wrong with hopping the border and doing a little "digging" :icon_thumbsup:

Thank you all for the warm welcome...fun place to check in with from time to time...I will make it a point to post some images in the coming months.

The last time I passed the border from VT and NH, they are still open both ways. Only problem in VT, there are more cows that people.:mrgreen:

Looking forward to your photos.

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

It seems folks in Maine have a reputation for undercharging out-of-staters for local vintage cast iron. Don't fall into that trap, these flatlanders are all wealthy and can well afford to pay top dollar!:laughup:

Is that what keeps drawing me over to ME? No flatlander over here, I'm a ridgerunner. :eek:

Back