Found a couple of number in diamand pans

MikeL

Found these today at a antique/junk store. They had probably close to 200 pans and pots, and they were proud of them. They had at least 30 Wagner Ware Sidney O #3s and they wanted $32 each, and they went up from there. I went through every pan they had and found these two. I believe they are Favorite, one was $6 and the other was $10.

When I got home, I noticed the heat rings and the back of the handles are different. Anybody know why?

2017-02-25 20.30.15.jpg

2017-02-25 20.33.53.jpg

2017-02-25 20.34.04.jpg

Information on this site suggests the "number in diamond" may be late Favorite or Chicago Hardware. I have a 5 in diamond which is one of my best users. Mine looks like Favorite (Piqua) to me. Very good quality iron.

I love these pans. I have a #10 that I use all the time. It's one of my favorite users. I just don't happen upon them here in Wisconsin. I feel lucky I found the #10. Love the feel and the cooking surface is great!

Thanks for the replies everyone. I have the one in the bottom picture cleaning right now.

So, with the different handles, is it safe to assume that I have one of each? If so, is there any way to determine which is which?

I would guess the one with the rib underneath the handle is the 'favorite piqua' model (pre-1935) and the other one is the later, Chicago model.

Since CHF acquired Favorite's tooling (patterns) when they went out of business, any of them could be either, regardless of handle style. Even Griswold patterns for the same size and TM pans showed handle variations.

Back