Way to ruin my first ever cornbread!

Yes, it arrived yesterday. I think it's an unmarked old lodge but haven't had time to look at the unmarked identification list. It was very clean with one layer of seasoning but I scoured it back down to metal by hand and applied two rounds of seasoning last night.

20150225_072621.jpg

20150225_072600.jpg

Does not appear to be Lodge nor BSR. I didn't notice any markings on the bottom.

No, there are no markings on the bottom; only the '8' on the handle. I think I was actually thinking possibly Iron Mt but it doesn't appear to be that either. Nothing in the unmarked section matches up, so I have no clue. I think the handle shape and heat ring are the only indicators of possible provenance in figuring it out, and I have no clue about what they might be, but it really wasn't important to me. I didn't buy the original pan to display, but to cook with, so I'll be doing the same with this replacement pan.

Now, had I bought & paid for a high dollar antique Gris, and got this as a replacement ... yea, different story. :grin:

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

Here is a close-up of the handle. The end/tip is a little pointy, and I think I've seen that somewhere but don't recall exactly.

20150225_095826.jpg

I am by no means an expert, but I've seen a lot of Lodge skillets over the years and own more than my share. I don't recall ever seeing one with that pointed handle.

Back