Need a break?

You're dang right it will! Banana splits are one of God's greatest creations! ... and that one is picture perfect. Nice job!

Spurgeon, you got me. Here you said I was dang right and in another post you said: ”Dangit!” Now I’m a Yankee that came down here 44 years ago and never went back. Not being familiar with that word, if I was in Alabama would I be a Dang Yankee?

Hilditch

Dang is a term used by Southern Baptists who are trying not to cuss. I'm not sure what the required residency time is in order to become a naturalized citizen. Some would say the first generation is considered a yankee ("dang yankee" since they didn't just come for a visit and go home). Others would say 44 years is plenty of time to claim to be a Southerner. I go with the theory it's all about attitude and where your loyalty lies. For example, when we moved to Chicago, on the first day of school my daughter came home upset. The teacher had gone around the room asking kids where their family was from. The responses were, "We're Polish Americans", or "German Americans", etc. My daughter wanted to know what we were. My answer was "We're Americans ... And if your teacher requires a qualifier, because she wants everybody to identify with some other country and not give their full loyalty to these here United States, tell her we're Confederate Americans."

Love ya, Spurgeon! Thanks for the laugh in the early AM--now to go off and see if I can find the ingredients for a banana split. It won't look as good as Hilditch's, but that won't matter 'cause I can't take a dang picture!!!

That's something I've hadn't had in a very long time. And boy that's looks good. I'm not to traditional in the past when I've ordered one. Sometimes I'll substitute hot fudge for chocolate and butter scotch for pineapple. But just my preference.

I havent had one of those in 30 years. I used to get it at Friendly's
All 3 scoops of Watermelon Sherbet
Strawberries
Whipped Cream
Banana
Nuts

Steve, it was nice to read that you acknowledge the real thing. That makes some changes OK. I don’t love the pineapple myself, but do it out of tradition. It’s funny, but when I have substituted caramel which I like better, in the end it just isn’t right.

Scott, the above is a duplicate of the banana split born in 1904 in Latrobe, PA. What was yours called?

Hilditch

it was just a regular banana split from Friendly's. I ordered it my way though.
I dont like chocolate ice cream. It makes me very thirsty. Same with choc. milk

Back