Cast Iron Collector Forums  
Google

Go Back   Cast Iron Collector Forums > General Discussion > General Cast Iron

Notices

General Cast Iron General Cast Iron Cookware Topics and Q&A

Old 02-19-2021, 11:49 PM

Default Holy Cow! Was Anyone at or Watching the Prices at the Ohio 'airworks' Auction Today?

I think you can still see the prices on their proxibid link... some really high prices for things... based on the prices they were selling stuff for today I need to just run multiply all of my current estimated values by about 3.
a lodge hammered 4 in 1.. .one sold for 275 and another for 200... heart and star (#18) high base waffle irons for 600+ a regular griswold #8 waffle iron for $300.. .santa claus mold for $575.. .a normal wagner #8 waffle iron for $300... small logo set of 3 pans #7, #8 and #9 sold for 325...
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2021, 05:52 AM

Default Re: Holy Cow! Was Anyone at or Watching the Prices at the Ohio 'airworks' Auction To

Yeah, I saw some posts about it. I know that the hard-to-find pieces have been bringing good money lately, but that was crazy. I think I heard that a #13 lid brought $5000 ?
Old 02-20-2021, 08:41 AM

Default Re: Holy Cow! Was Anyone at or Watching the Prices at the Ohio 'airworks' Auction To

Someone ele on here mentioned the Ebay prices are really going up on some things.....Wapak Indian Head skillets are crazy high......glad I got my #10 while it was "cheap".
Old 02-23-2021, 11:35 AM

there were prices I've never seen before for what I would consider more 'common' pieces... . some of the lids were just crazy high prices. I sorted the proxibid listing by price high to low and I was 8 pages in before the selling price dropped below $200. lots of high prices... not just a couple of 'rare' or unusual pieces.
Old 02-23-2021, 12:33 PM

It's like watching a Barrett-Jackson car auction......I can't afford any of it but it's fun to watch it go to through the auction block.