Griswold #10 835 Dutch Oven

Mike_M

For a #10 tite top dutch oven, what is the difference between a 835 pot with 2553 lid and an 835A pot with 2553A lid? Thanks

I know that aspect, but this has no letters. I'm thinking maybe there is some significance to that? Or am I wrong?

It appears in many cases that a no letter pattern existed along with those with a letter or letters. No letter just meant one more unique working pattern.

From the article:
You're also likely to see pieces with no letter following the number. There's nothing special about them; they're merely pieces cast using one more pattern in whatever group of which it was a part. The lack of a letter doesn't necessarily indicate its order of creation or usage, nor any kind of superiority to the other patterns of its type with letters on them. The letters do not represent pattern design revisions, but only served to identify which individual pattern among several was used to make which pans. The creation of a pattern with no letter just meant one more pattern that could be used for high-demand piece production. The lack of a letter may also mean there was only one pattern required to be created or used at a time for that particular piece.

Thanks. I recently got the DO and was curious. Need to find a trivet for it now also.

good luck on that trivet... you're not the only one looking for one. I got one at an auction earlier this year for less than $100... I've seen several others sell for more than that.

I wish I saw this earlier! I just sold my Griswold 10 trivet. It was pitted but no cracks. It still brought $50 on eBay!

Back