New Restorations

Kyle,
Thanks for posting pictures of your new restorations. Is the #7 shallow skillet gate marked?
I have a gate marked #8 shallow skillet that the handle appears very similar which I posted an inquiry about recently. This post which has three photos is dated Feb. 2 and it titled "Gatemarked Shallow Skillet ID Assistance".
Do you know anything about your #7 that could shed light on my #8?

It is gate marked with a heat ring. I have no info on it. Wish I could help. I have given up trying to identify gate marked pieces. Never turns much up in my experience. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Happy pickings.
Kyle

No. Mine does not have a two. and it is also not milled to a smooth surface like yours is. It is more of a rough casting. Doug linked some information on gate marked iron. It is not impossible to identify, but there usually needs to be more than what your pan has. Good luck.
Kyle

Not much to the story. It was listed in my area with terrible pictures and limited information. I called the person up and went right over. I was shocked when I saw it because I thought it was just a Griswold waffle iron, I had no clue it was the hammered one. He knew Griswold was popular so I offered him 80 bucks and he took it. I never miss a lead on iron because you never know what you will find when you get there.

Back