Help Identify

Ben J

Pretty sure this is a BS&R but I have run across the 3 dots under the 8 while researching. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• 20200331_075614R.jpg
    20200331_075614R.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 20200331_075642R.jpg
    20200331_075642R.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 50
The dots would be in the pattern, not added during a molding run. The large pour spouts place this pan before BSR used automated molding. Being a #8, probably the most popular size, my guess would be they needed a high number of patterns and had to find another way to differentiate between more than 26 #8 patterns.

Thanks all, I really appreciate the assistance. I'm going to drop it in a tank next week. I'll post some photos afterward. Thanks again!

Great find. A lot of people think they've found an honest to goodness Red Mountain when it's really an early automation piece with the RM style markings. This one's a genuine hand poured RM.

I agree that it’s a great find! The red mountain pans with the large pour spouts are definitely harder to find. I have found only 1 #8. I have found about 10 #8’s with the small pour spouts.

Okay, here's my last "pandemic pan" restoration cuz now I've run out. :-| It's a nice Wagner Ware with a fantastic interior but it's warped like crazy with a big dip in the bottom. We think this came from my wife's side but can't remember. We think we inherited it back in the eighties but we're not sure as it's been stored for quite some time with no apparent rust. It cleaned up easier than both of the BS&Rs with only two days in the tub and a little bit of scotch brite on the inside. As you say Doug the thinner pans rust quicker and this one is the first that we've done that actually flash rusted.

We'll be on the lookout for more diamonds in the rough once this crisis is over, I've really enjoyed bringing all of these back to life over the last several weeks.
Thanks for y'alls assistance and expertise.
Ben

Attachments

• Wagner WareR.jpg
    Wagner WareR.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Wagner Ware IR.jpg
    Wagner Ware IR.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 16
Back