Some of My Work on Display

Kyle S.

Hey everyone,
My son’s school has a Christmas marketplace every year for families to sell their goods. I decided to sell a few of my duplicates this year. The booth looked so good I thought I would share the pictures with you. Merry Christmas,
Kyle
https://imgur.com/a/xXUXD?s=sms

Maybe 75% are duplicates. The oval roaster is a marked Wagner in perfect condition, not sure I will ever see another. I have it marked at 300 because I really don’t want to sell it, and the three waffle irons I consider duplicates because I already have my user that I love.

hammered lodge 4in1, Favorite piqua chicken fryer with lid, bread pan, Vienna roll pan... wow! that's quite a display.

Thanks for all the kind words. My iron flew off my table. I priced some of it so high I thought no-one would even bite. Bite they did however, bit a big chunk out of my collection. Its okay though, they will now enjoy their pans as much as I have I hope. Sold 21 pieces! I have almost broke even on my collecting. Pretty good day. Merry Christmas.
Kyle

Thanks for all the kind words. My iron flew off my table. I priced some of it so high I thought no-one would even bite. Bite they did however, bit a big chunk out of my collection. Its okay though, they will now enjoy their pans as much as I have I hope. Sold 21 pieces! I have almost broke even on my collecting. Pretty good day. Merry Christmas.
Kyle

the other parents at your son's school obviously have very good taste in iron. (those were some nice pieces)

D,
Some knew what they were buying and some just wanted a piece of the action. I failed to mention that under the table I had about 90 other pieces, mostly skillets, that I sold a lot of. Either way everyone appreciated it and thought it was beautiful. I had a few people ask me if I made it myself, it made me chuckle and I got to share a lot of my knowledge and passion about cast iron. The hardest two pieces to let go were my #10 Griswold skillet with heat ring and a #8 Slant Logo waffle iron. New homes new stories however, those two just sat in my garage.
Have a great weekend,
Kyle

Last edited:
Beautiful collection of iron! I would love to find a Lodge 4n1 and a high lid like that. Saw a 4n1 at an antique store one time, but it wobbled, had some fire damage, plus the price was higher than I would have paid for a perfect one.

I have come across only two in my hunting and both were really cheap. One is almost perfect, the other has a slight wobble but no spin. Pretty cool pieces.

Thanks Wally,
I have been collecting for a few years, but I am pretty aggressive. I don’t use every pan I buy but I do use every type. I cook mostly in cast iron, so does my wife. We cook waffles every week, we use our gem pans often. I cook Chinese in a cast iron wok, I make bread in my Dutch ovens and cook Pasole and Red chili Colorado, I am from New Mexico, in my enameled oven. I love cast iron and I started grabbing more for friends and family. It stacks up. I can’t pass on a beautiful piece. I love to make it shine again. Thanks again for all the kind words.
Kyle

Awesome display Kyle. I don/t have a problem selling the more common useable stuff I have (BSR, 3-notch Lodge, marked or unmarked Wagner). I don't even mind letting go of the more common Griswold pieces, but, I'll admit, it's sometimes a struggle to let the better pieces go, lol. If you ask my wife, she would say i keep everything, lol. Probably have around 400 cleaned pieces left and another 40 or so waiting to go in the etank in the spring. Good luck in your future hunting, it's an obsession.

Wow! That's an awesome display and some beautiful restoration work, Kyle!:icon_thumbsup: How does the sale work with your school - do they get a piece of the action?

Thanks for the kind words.They don’t. It is free for anyone who wants to sell. That is why I decided to do it. They put it on right before the Christmas program so all the parents and family’s are there. We get a lot of traffic. I am planning on doing it every year to thin the herd and pay for my little obsession.
Kyle

Thanks for the info, Kyle.:) I was curious about how it worked because I'm starting to think about selling off what little excess I have - unmarked outer ring Wagner, Wagner 10 Sidney, 3 + 8 arched no notch Lodges, etc. The schools here don't host sales such as yours, in fact, the emphasis is on the kids being sent home to get parents and neighbors to buy over-priced baked goods and sundries.:redface:

Back