Erie cast iron dutch oven

JaredS

So I was able to get the dutch oven I posted about late last year. Hear it is, cleaned up a bit.

image by twillightkids, on Flickr

image by twillightkids, on Flickr

I was able to get it for $35, which I think is a pretty good deal. I'm trying to figure out what I am looking for to find the matching lid. I looked at the blue book page 63. This appear to be the dutch oven set with an 8xx pn. The oven on page 64 has a 2xxx 4 digit part number. Which oven does mine correspond to and what style lid should I look for?

RB pg. 147 shows this oven with a p/n 837 cover. No markings other than the p/n and the size number, and a knob handle. Later iterations of the 833 appear to have come with the 2551 slant logo cover.

Thanks! It went back into the tank a bit and is now being seasoned!

RB pg. 147 shows this oven with a p/n 837 cover. No markings other than the p/n and the size number, and a knob handle. Later iterations of the 833 appear to have come with the 2551 slant logo cover.

I was afraid of this. I figured it was a knob handle. Unfortunately I have never seen one in the wild and only a couple show up on google searches. This might be years in the looking for. I don't have any Griswold lids, but it is my understanding that any size 8 Griswold lid would fit, correct? I might look for one to use with the oven till I get lucky and find a match down the line. None of my current lids fit (a Le Crueset is too big by millimeters. Sigh.).

Still, I think $35 isn't a bad deal, though he took it on first offer, so I might could have had it for less.

Back