Mystery Wagner

Thanks, I thought the Arc logo meant it was older than that. I thought maybe the seller wasn't far off calling it an 1891 Wagner, I wouldn't have called it that for fear of scaring off collectors. :chuckle:

That it's in those catalogs doesn't mean it wasn't made and sold before or after.

Thanks for the help. I will post a picture of it after it's cleaned. It's still a mystery how it's going to clean up.

Bonnie,

Thanks for posting this. I picked up one like this a few weeks ago in the same condition and was wondering what it was too. Its currently waiting its turn for the ebath.

I got this in the mail today. It's to cold for the lye tank so I decided to just give it a quick vinegar scrub and seasoning and set it aside until it warms up a bit. I think it will clean up nicely, it already looks much better.

I got this in the mail today. It's to cold for the lye tank so I decided to just give it a quick vinegar scrub and seasoning and set it aside until it warms up a bit. I think it will clean up nicely, it already looks much better.

Cold for the lye tank? Why is it we up in the North find ways to make it work when it is 20 below? But then again with your summer you probably can season your pans outside next to your sun tea. :icon_rofl:

Bonnie, what a neat pot! I'm amazed it was described as 1891 Wagner, but when I followed the link to eBay, I was MORE astounded at what people are asking for the (actually) 1990's pots!!

Wow, I wonder if that seller lost a lot of bidders with that description. Nice item Bonnie.

Scott

I see a lot of sellers loose $$ because they do not know just what they are selling. Then they do not put photos of the whole item so the buyer is missing out on some special piece. I just picked one such piece, by looking at the Griswold cover knew that it was a slant logo.
Good score Bonnie, now can I sell you the London Bridge?

Cold for the lye tank? Why is it we up in the North find ways to make it work when it is 20 below? But then again with your summer you probably can season your pans outside next to your sun tea. :icon_rofl:

Bonnie's out in AZ, I'm in CA. It actually does get below freezing here sometimes. I've noticed that pieces seem to be taking longer for the lye to clean lately.. Lazy lye.. All used up?? Maybe I should just add some more. I want to be able to just dip a piece in, pull it out, and have it clean. How much lye??

The West coast does have it's down sides. Lack of water is a major one. The sun screen shortage of 2011 was the other.

One day Bonnie and I will have to meet in the middle and have a hug and an iron trade.

Bonnie's out in AZ, I'm in CA. It actually does get below freezing here sometimes. I've noticed that pieces seem to be taking longer for the lye to clean lately.. Lazy lye.. All used up?? Maybe I should just add some more. I want to be able to just dip a piece in, pull it out, and have it clean. How much lye??

The West coast does have it's down sides. Lack of water is a major one. The sun screen shortage of 2011 was the other.

One day Bonnie and I will have to meet in the middle and have a hug and an iron trade.
RickC, Is this some kind of a proposal, might be the first. Looks like Needles CA might be in for some :covri: iron meeting

Well, Vt is lacking water in the form of snow this winter. This time of year I should not be riding my ATV, but should be on my snowmobile. I wonder if you want our -13 deg. from last night?

RickC, How much lye you ask.
I had a flannel long sleeve shirt on last week, and somehow got a drop of my lye on the edge of the sleeve. When I took off the gloves I rolled down the sleeves and buttoned them. Well, all day something was itching my wrist, but never looked. So lets cut to the chase here, I now have a hole on my wrist and it drew blood. So RickC, one drop can be to much
Bonnie any updates on your Wagner?

Back