IMG_8101.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_8102.jpg
    IMG_8102.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_8104.jpg
    IMG_8104.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 120
At first glance with the handle shape on the lid, I'd say BSR but a picture of the underside of the lid would confirm that.

Those feet sure look like they are welded on, don't they? Isn't that a welding bead where they connect to the body?

Although not 100% sure it isn't BSR now, but the underside of the lid doesn't have BSR style dimples. My honest guess without seeing it in person is that it might be foreign copy. The lid handle says BSR, the bottom of the DO says Lodge and all of it has no markings of any kind. Hope you find its maker. A real mystery

Although not 100% sure it isn't BSR now, but the underside of the lid doesn't have BSR style dimples. My honest guess without seeing it in person is that it might be foreign copy. The lid handle says BSR, the bottom of the DO says Lodge and all of it has no markings of any kind. Hope you find its maker. A real mystery
I concur with you about the lid handle being BS&R but no dimples on the underside ruins that theory.

It looks recent to me. I'm also guessing an import.

Good to know. I don't know if I've ever seen a BSR Camp Oven lid then. Doug, did BSR put a size number on the bottom of their Camp Ovens? Or on the lids for that matter? I assumed that the Camp Ovens were the same as the Dutch Ovens, only with legs.

Thanks for your answers on this you have opened my eyes.
I had a feeling it may be a imitation but it is an OK piece, I use all my Cast Iron even though I am a collector I love to still enjoy there use.
This was a piece I have been wondering about for some time ,I acquired it as a gift from a friend who know nothing of its back ground and did not use it . I'm not one to turn down Cast Iron so I accepted it and did not know the maker.
I have seen a few on Ebay that are a match but as you know that is not the best place to learn about cast iron as they are always listed as "Vintage" cast Iron
I have several Griswold cast iron DOs from the camp to the tite top dutch oven as well as Skillets from 3"on up to the Hotel 20" unmarked block lettering and several Lodge and Wagner pieces
I own one BSR DO and yes the handle is very similar I agree

The term "vintage" is totally without meaning without describing without describing the period referred to. The way it is commonly tossed around today is just plain wrong.

Can any one ID this Camp Oven ?
I have had it for several years
Any Help would be great !!!
Thanks

I have a couple of those lids,I bought them on sell like 10 years ago for 2 dlls at a sports store,these are well made,I think the oven said made in USA,it's been a long time and never seen an other like those.on the legs they welded those on the pattern,and the casting takes same shape.

Back