Cast iron Handle

Jeffrey R.

Trying to find anything about the letters on the handle. W. N. & Co.

Just picked it up Sat. went in the lye tank last night out the lye Sunday at 10:00 Strong Lye.

2 photos to the right.

Thank you.

That doesn't look like cast iron to me, but more like stamped steel. Especially with the handle riveted on like that.

That doesn't look like cast iron to me, but more like stamped steel. Especially with the handle riveted on like that.

The front handle looks like cast iron. The back handle is forged iron. I will look again when he comes back out of the lye tank.
Look at the letters, raised not stamped. I believe it is cast.

I think he is referring to the pan. I think the handles are wrought iron, they look malleable.

I think he is referring to the pan. I think the handles are wrought iron, they look malleable.

Look at the letters, raised not stamped. I believe it is cast.

The rest is not cast. That being the pot, and the back handle.

Looking for info on the letters, W. N. & Co.

I agree that it looks like a fryer. That extra part would be something to hook the fry basket on while draining. It doesn't seem like it would be all that safe. Another option is that it's a hobo pan with a built in beer opener. :icon_rofl:

Another option is that it's a hobo pan with a built in beer opener. :icon_rofl:

That is one Big Mouth Beer Bottle.:biggrin:

Just took the pot out of my E-tank in the sun. The letters are W. H. & Co.
Also the front handle is a cast.

1) It has raised letters
2) There are mold seam lines on the handle

Did you drink that beer, you are a buzz. :icon_rofl:

I did see that name, But it is stamped W. H. & Co. Not W. H. H. & Co.??

Thank you for looking

No drinking here but I may be high on cold meds. Speaking of high, I just saw a wagner drip drop roaster lid downtown for $65. Crazy people! 65$ for the lid only.

Back