Looking for information Barstow Stove Co

Jeffrey R.

I am looking at an early Barstow Stove Co. cast iron #3 kerosene oil stove.
It appears to be all complete with the wicks, and no breaks. It has 3 burners, with a cast iron 4 eye top. One other thing, you can take the cast iron top off and it has an oven that sits on top.

Any info would be nice.

Thank you.

Wow, a Barstow lamp stove. Assuming yours is like the one I found on the internet search, very nice. You'll be posting pictures, I hope?

I'm intrigued: I've never seen a lamp stove with a removable top or add-on unit. Barstow carried a Garland Oil Stove line that had a removable radiator top…Just finding any of these heaters intact is a treat to start with, at least in my area.

This one has my head spinning. I have talked to more folks around the country to day than I want to think about.

Bonnie, Thank you. I think I looked at that site a 6:30 AM today.

Mike, I though that this would catch your eye.
I did not have my camera with me, and have not purchased it as of yet. I am hoping to fine a bit more about it before I do. This is the most that I have come up with. I did find a company in Ohio that can get new wicks.
Send me a link to the one that you found on your internet search, if you would.

I was hoping to find an antique stove forum.

I just might have to take a ride, with my check book.

Okay, I've strained the patience of my IT person (wife) on this one.

Here are three links; the first is what I think you're talking about, if it's a lamp stove size unit and not a floor heater..The second is showing a trade card and description of a Garland/Barstow stove that has an add-on radiator unit, as I see it. It's the same general link as what Bonnie provided. (I'm going to spend a lot more time looking at this one…) The third is a general description of lamp stoves/sadiron heaters, highlighting a few makes.

The one showing the Barstow NO 3 has it without its tin body; just all the cast iron parts. This is the way I usually find them, with no body (for lack of a more technical term) or one all rusted out. I do have five intact ones in my collection, and I have three A.C. Barstow pieces.

No idea as to value on the one you're looking at.

http://ancientpoint.com/inf/4914-an...metal_cast_iron_kerosene_gas_stove_parts.html

http://www.historicnewengland.org/c...-object/capobject?refd=EP001.01.006.03.06.015

http://www.thelampworks.com/lw_lamp-stoves.htm

Well, I took a ride and so this is what came home with me.

Photos soon.

MikeZ, That is very nice of your wife, You can thank her for me.:icon_thumbsup:

I did see the ancientpoint.com site earlier today, but not the other two.
My stove is like the one on the ancientpoint.com site but complete with the Garland part, with 4 eye cast iron top. My wicks are in very nice working condition. There is no rust pitting anywhere, just clean.

The oven does not have a name on it, that I can find at this point.

If I had a place or way to use this I'd buy it from you. Sadly.... I don't. Really nice work Jeff. :bow:

Back