FYI

As a reference point I have a 2005 Lodge 14 SK that I ground the cooking surface smooth.

Weight: 10 lbs. 10 oz.
Length: 21” w/o assist handle. 22 1/4” with assist handle.
Width: 15” It does not have ears.
Height: 2 1/2”
Cooking surface: 12”
Faux smoke groove: 11 1/2"

Only Lodge knows where the 14 came from and they won’t tell.

Hilditch

They are calling them Wagners! I wonder what they'd be asking if they realized the big one was a Griswold? Can't make out a name on the small one... does anyone recognize it?

It's an older Wagner, I'd say an 8 because of the size of the big one and 8 is the most common. I can't tell if it's a "WAGNER" or a stylized logo though. I told you Goodwill is bad in their descriptions and pictures. I think they use a 10 K pixel camera. :D

Also, they might be calling the big one a Wagner because SBL might be linked to the merger.

The large stylized W in the Wagner TM is evident, as is the outside heat ring, placing that piece late 1920s to early 1930s. The Griswold is inconclusive as to Erie PA production or post-acquisition OH production. If we could see a "15-1/2 INCH SKILLET" marking below the TM, that would tell us. Whoever is in charge of posting items for sale at Goodwill probably either doesn't know or doesn't care all that much about accurately describing the vintage CI they list.

I think it's a little of both Doug. I believe it's a matter of product in - product out. I guess we could tell them but then the prices might go nova. I think the people who bid on what it could be far outweighs the truth anyway.

Hey Scott, thanks for the heads-up. Just down the road in Indy, too! I certainly don't need another huge pan, but it certainly is a clue to where the "good stuff" at Goodwill stores ends up--i.e. not in the stores!

They are calling them Wagners! I wonder what they'd be asking if they realized the big one was a Griswold? Can't make out a name on the small one... does anyone recognize it?

I did not see an "ERIE" anywhere on the Griswold, so I am thinking it may be a Wagner/Griswold from after they were bought out.

I'll have to keep checking my local Goodwill as well. That is one monster pan. Goodwill certainly made some cash off it.

Well, I was the guinea pig that bought these. Both sit flat, no wobble, and are silky smooth inside. The Griswold is an Erie, no 12 719D.
Image Image

Here's the Wagner
Image Image

I have had good luck with Goodwill. In fact, I just bought a Wagner 1101 bacon and egg skillet for my collection for 40 + shipping which is a so-so deal. But when it arrived, it was cracked. I went back to the site and looked and sure enough, it was there but it just didn't look like a crack. I wrote the seller and and told them about it and that it was not cracked in the shipping and asked them if we could work something out. I had my money refunded 10 hours later. You just don't see that kind of customer service any more. Looks like PB got a good deal too!

Back