CI Displayed In Your Kitchen? Got a Pic?

Thanks to all of you for sharing the pics of your displays! The Filley pans are especially impressive. I've only found one of them, and I am happy to have it. Not much St. Louis CI in this area, and we don't travel. It is really nice to see the excellent collections shown in these posts! Hope all are doing well and finding lots of "good stuff"!

I finally got tired of all my pans laying unorganized in a cabinet, and after seeing the pics on this post, it inspired me to get going on a permanent solution. Thanks C.T. moffitt for the idea. I thought I would share a picture of how it turned out. My daily users are still in the cabinet next to my stove, but at least they are organized now that I hung these up.
IMG_0681.jpg

John, I never thought of hanging them sideways. That's cool. ;)

I picked up a nice, clean wooden pallet last weekend. Im hoping to have time to stain it and hang it on the wall this weekend. I'm not going to hang the whole pallet, just the slats.

I think that would look awesome spurgeonh! On my pic, I have no clue why it went sideways. When I uploaded it for the post it was straight. [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spurgeon, you just lit up the light bulb in my head ding ding ding. The thought of a pallet used to display is art in motion. It got me thinking about a future display using a 1/2 inch plywood with old fence panel cut In diagonal on top of plywood.

For those not familiar with the look I'll add a pic. I only saw this panel when I moved south. They throw out and replace all the time here. Just to put out a idea for those with a chop saw.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 95
Wow, so many nice ideas! My storage solution is kinda boring but I live in a limited space, so I did what worked. I wanted to be able to see them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 114
Nichole, that Dutch Oven looks brand new! Is that a griswold?

Yes. It is a slant logo Griswold. My grandfather got it from his mother. It's been in the family quite some time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Finally getting around to sharing a pic of some of my bakeware.

http://imgur.com/CETgsom
CETgsom.jpg

very nice.

Appears you have some real collectable G.F. Filley's. I only dream of finding those in the wild so if you hear someone walking around your display it is only me dream walking. Just give me the G.F. Filley's and I will be on my way. Ha ha. Nice display

I have received a lot of good info on this website and forum, so I thought I would try to contribute by posting how I store my pans. I researched some ideas online, and finally had a family friend build the wall shelf/rack and matching stand, which we made to fit the butcher block on top. This picture was taken right after we put it all in. Hanging in the picture is my newer Lodge griddle, and an unmarked Made in usa wagner #8 my mom gave me. Currently i have almost outgrown this setup as the rack has added another #8 Wagner Ware -O-, and the cookbooks are now gone to make room for a set of 3 pans the mother in law got me that are made in china Basic essentials, and my new 7qt Lodge DO i received for christmas. And my new christmas gift to myself, my 12" lodge is sitting on top of the stove along with an import grill pan i'm in the process of cleaning up
IMG_2973.jpg

Jeffrey,
Nice idea on the skillet holder. After a year or so I'll bet you start thinking of redesigning it a bit to add more:) it seems I find myself thinking of the same thing in my kitchen.

The ideas and ingenuity here gets me thinking of additional redesigning some of what I use.

Steve,

My CI is displayed in a couple of cardboard boxes out in the garage...waiting for the ice on the lid of my lye tub to melt so I can clean them.... ;)

I know ...................... I'm late to the party , sorry . Things have been a little hectic it seems . Anyway , I finally got around to taking some photos .

As I have mentioned before , I buy , restore and resell vintage cast iron . But these are "my" personal ones .

They are actually all dark in color . I had to adjust the color in the photo so that the pans nesting in each other could be better distinguished .
They are mostly Griswold LBL , a couple of WAGNER Sidney O , a couple of ERIE , a Wapak , a Favorite smily and an early 1880's Favorite C&C Ware "Chown & Cunningham".

Last edited:
Here are a few of my pans, the ones actually in my kitchen.

Attachments

• kitchen 001 (800x600).jpg
    kitchen 001 (800x600).jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 68
Back