Special a Find

Daniel T.

I never thought I would ever find this. A #20 Griswold, don’t know if a great find but the biggest yet for me. The price was $150. What you you guys think? Or am I getting excited about nothing? They striped it down but never seasoned it, so what you see is a light rust covering.

Attachments

• 714E5316-99F7-4B8D-BE82-AA135D3E5CA4.jpg
    714E5316-99F7-4B8D-BE82-AA135D3E5CA4.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 109
I would say you got a very good deal, hope its not warped being a large skillet. I think the price is more than fair. I saw one here in PA for 350.

It’s not warped cooking surface is really smooth. I’m such a tightwad I tried to talk the guy down but he wouldn’t budge. But I figured when would I see other in west Texas.

Are both looped handles intact? I had a # 728 "Hotel skillet". It was warped and had a small crack by one of the looped handles. I gave $10 for it in the early 1980's at Lacon "flea" market in North Alabama. I traded it for something, I do not remember what. I have not seen another one.

Good stuff!

I saw one for $55 on Facebook the other day and missed it even though it was on about 50 minutes. The woman cross-posted it so I imagine it was gone in a few minutes. I was ready to drive hours to get it.

Back