Got Lucky This Morning

I need to check the local Ads here in PA......You are one lucky CI collector thats for sure! I may be wrong, but dont those #14s got for a pile of cash.

And the cover is worth more than the pan. Hope no cracks or warp. Late handle, probably one of the last 14s made in Erie.

Some follow up...... after getting a better look at things, the skillet is a spinner. Not bad, but noticeable. After some etank modifications the cover seems to be cleaning up pretty well but time will tell.
Even though this isn't a collector grade piece, I am still a pretty happy guy today.

I cant be the only one that wants to see pics when you finish restoring it........:razz:

Like Doug said. The lid is worth at least 5 - 10 x times the pan. Look close where the handle attaches to the pan after clean up. Those large pans needed a more beefy handle than a #5 or up. Look for small cracks starting at the top of the pan. Hope you do not see any.
Great score, clean that baby up. If no cracks, then go buy a lottery ticket.

Yeah.....Id say you scored! That lid is very nice.....skillet is too.....not museum quality, but thats how I like it.....real good condition but a user......thanks for posting the pics.

Wow that is a score for $30. Looks like just surface bright orange. I too cannot wait for pictures on that too.

Back