Lodge Cast Iron Fluted Cake Pans

GTurner

Last weekend, I had a good weekend haul.

I scored a Lodge #3, #5 and #8 SK skillets, BS&R 7C D corn stick pan, Le Creuset 16 skillet, unmarked Wagner 17"griddle, (2) Lodge 3.5" mini skillets (LMS & MS), BS&R #8 Red Mountain DO with lid and the new Lodge fluted cake pan.

I'll try to post pictures of the other pieces later. Some are already in the lye tank.

I already had an older Lodge fluted cake pan. Now I have both. Below are pictures of each side by side. For anyone who isn't familiar with the differences, here they are. Enjoy!

The older one is in the right.

The older one is slightly lighter and shorter than the newer one.

It is hard to show, but the new one is make very differently than the older one in the center column. The outside isn't a smooth transition down the center. It goes toward the center than flares out with a pronounced burr 1 1/4 inches down.

The outsides match up almost identically except for the sharper lines of the new pan compared to the curving lines in the older pan.

It should be earlier to lift the new pan once the cake is flipped sure to the larger handles.

I look forward to baking in both of these soon.
c82b7fbf04d0ce1ce2e33b922cf5cda1.jpg
f7b970d50a6bb139deb3ddda5d3702c8.jpg
d2564daa656da20ea7216e4ad52a0f8f.jpg
6be2f6304220833036a0a33b8eecf638.jpg

Nice post. We were in the Smoky Mountains last year and I purchased one of the new bundt cake pans. The wife loves it. I passed on the "fish fryer" whatever long pan this year.

Nice post. We were in the Smoky Mountains last year and I purchased one of the new bundt cake pans. The wife loves it. I passed on the "fish fryer" whatever long pan this year.
I should be using mine soon with the self quarantine going on. I love the old one so I'm sure I'll love the new one as well.

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

Bryan, what cakes does she make in it? Always looking for new recipes.

A very moist lemon poppy seed cake. Using lemon pudding and lemon juice. I will have her post the recipe.

Back