BSR #8 with Lid

I'm on the road right now but it will go in the Lye tank as soon as we get home.
I still can't believe that I got the pan and lit for $10.

After it's seasoned I will have to post more pictures.

I would have given twice that for the lid, maybe more. Great deal. Those darn lids are hard to find in my area.

I could not believe when he said that it was a Dutch Oven for $12......
So just for fun I said $10 and he said OK :)

The 2 pans and lids that I got were the first lids I have seen for sale at this market.

The #8 has more light rust but I think it will be fine.

I would have given twice that for the lid, maybe more. Great deal. Those darn lids are hard to find in my area.
Lids I feel are hard to find period. I've been fairly lucky to find some though. I've found two BS&R 2 qt lids, a BS&R 3 qt saucepan with a lid and a #12 Lodge Dutch oven and lid that looks like it's never been used. That was found at a Goodwill.

Goodwill finds down here are few and far between now. They're charging ridiculous prices for all cast iron.

I'm still on the lookout for some though, Wagner #8 chicken fryer with the tab end in particular.

The 2 Lids I did buy were the only Lids I found. I only found 1 Saucepan that was heavy rust and the Guy wanted $20......

I do have a Wagner #8 Chicken Fryer with the small tab on the and and we use it a lot.

No Goodwill around here so I have to wait until we go to Florida Flea Markets to expand my iron.

That #12 Dutch Oven must tip the scale a bit :)

Back