An Interesting Tite Top Cover

MikeZ

A neighbor has this cover and gave me this one picture. There aren't any other markings on it and the handle is quite long. It's a pretty good quality casting. I don't have any measurements on it. I'd appreciate any thoughts on it.

M78Te1Km.jpg

what does the underside look like?

but based just on the top... I'm at a loss... the handle doesn't look like any I've ever seen... and 'tite top' was griswold's name... but again, I've never seen one marked like that one. I've seen the george washington bi-centennial lid... but not one with an eagle like that...

Yes, I think it's a strange one. Wondering if it started out as a Griswold, as to the Tite Top markings, but don't understand the handle and the eagle. The bottom is smooth with no markings. It'll be a while before I can get back to this guy, but when I do it'll be with my camera and a tape measure. I'm wondering if it would fit a Gris 11 DO, and if it was made in other sizes.

there are those odd griswold recast items marked 'rome, ga' and sometimes 'eagle stove works'... could this possibly be some of their work.. since they didn't seem to have any problems with copying griswold items (and not really removing the griswold marks) and adding their own.

Back