Odd 5" Skillet

I picked up this skillet for cheap at the thrift store. I need a very small skillet and will be using this one for cooking so it is getting smoothed. It is halfway there. It is 5" D at the rim and only 5/8" deep. No markings except 2018 on the bottom. Distinct arch in the handle. AC surface similar to modern Lodge. Grinding revealed no voids and minimum pits so decent foundry work. Anyone guess at the provenance?

Attachments

• 5 top.jpg
    5 top.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 5 bottom.jpg
    5 bottom.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 5 side.jpg
    5 side.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 23
I would guess that its foriegn made, maybe even came with a cookie mix. My daughter gave me it. I use it grilled cheese, lol. The 2018 could be a marking soley for when it was made?

Thanks Sean and Doug! It's smaller than the one in Doug's Amazon link. A single small cookie is pretty hard to make unless powdered egg is used but the mix might be doing exactly that. Interesting idea. I was thinking it might be some sort of "collector" series by year but I would expect somebodies logo or something.

I see these in thrift shops all the time. I saw several yesterday. Thrift shops have really jacked up their prices. I have seen them for $.99cent for years but yesterday they were $2.25 to $3.99. I have a couple of Lodge mini skillets and a a really nice Asian (I assume) Pan that’s ground smooth that I use to cook single eggs in. I always pass on these cookie pans.

Back