Lid Questions

MDFraley

I recently posted some pics from Round Top of some pieces Bonnie Scott and I picked up. On day 2 we bought several pieces that neither of us were sure of and I have now cleaned a couple that we are still not 100% sure of. One in particular is a high dome lid clearly marked of which I thought might be a Favorite. If someone has a definite I.D. Bonnie sure would like to know. She also purchased a Martin Stove and & Range #14 lid for a camp oven that has some initials and or lettering on the inside of the lid. Are these simply the makers mark initials or are they significant to the Martin #14?
See attached photos. Thanks in advance.
http://imgur.com/a/Q9Nu6

Is that an IM lid?:icon_scratchchin:

An Iron Mountain lid would have a pattern number on the underside and raised number on the top. The markings on the top of this one are similar to Vollrath but not quite the same as ones I've seen.

I'm not 100% sure, but that lid in the picture looks to be a Foster "Iron Age" piece. Would fit on their chicken fryer that also features a handle similar to Griswold's "Iron Mountain" line of skillets.

I think ButchG is correct about it being a Foster "Iron Age" piece but it is not the chicken fryer lid. The chicken fryer lid has ears for the pour spouts.

Attachments

• 2017-03-29 10.55.24.jpg
    2017-03-29 10.55.24.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 34
I'd lean toward the Foster IA as well. The dripper configuration is slightly different on the CF marked IA lids, but on the whole that would be the best guess.

Back