Wood Stove Eye Lid Lifters

EricC

To date all of my CI acquisitions have been with an eye on practicality, things I'd have a use for. But now I've bought something strictly for novelty...

I really admire the old CI wood stoves. Love them. But I'm not kidding myself, I'm never going to have one. Don't ask me to explain why, the answer would be long and boring.

Still, I admire them. And I ran across a set of eye lid lifters and decided to pick them up.

The bottom one with the curved coil handle is marked "arctic". The center one with the straight coil handle is marked "ideal" followed by either a 66 or 88, not sure. The top is unmarked except for a discreet "8" on the back.

Other than that they're in great shape, I know nothing else about them. I don't even know what I'm going to do with them, where I'm going to put them.

But they're cool...

When you get enough of them they'd look nice in a wood display case with a glass top. I see things like old buck knives, jewelry, and (real) silver ware in cases like that all the time while CI hunting.

These are also useful with muffin pans like Wagner's which have the receptacles for them. I only have one, bought cheap, was painted black, found intact nickel plate underneath.

I collect them. Its something that you can collect that doesn't take up a lot of room to keep. Keep mine hanging in the garage.

Thanks everybody for your comments.

I had no idea there was holloware that made use of these lifters, too. Interesting.

Back