Hammered Griswold Vs Hammered Lodge

D_Madden

I've always thought one of these two companies must have copied from the other on these pans. the griswold small logo hinged hammered chicken fryer and the lodge 4in1. It just seems odd to me that these are this similar and that the handle design is pretty unique to both companies. Griswold did at least make other sizes of the hammered and hinged pans with this handle style.

anyway there was a discussion about telling them apart and I had one of each so I put them together for a photo session.

https://imgur.com/gallery/kxtkg68

I've always wondered about the handles being nearly identical myself. Did one just copy the other, or is it possible it was some sort of joint effort between the 2 companies??

I've always wondered about the handles being nearly identical myself. Did one just copy the other, or is it possible it was some sort of joint effort between the 2 companies??

the lodge bottom is just a little bit smaller diameter than the griswold... and there are some different variations of the lodge, one with hammering on top of the top handle, most are not. just seems odd that they were both producing these 'similar' pieces around the same time. I've read somewhere that the hammered 4in1 first appeared in a price list around 1939... and all of the griswold pieces are small logo, so also starting in around 1939.

Back