Griswold Number 19 Heart and Star Waffle Iron.

Kyle S.

I need some advice. I have the opportunity to buy a Griswold Number 19 Heart and Star waffle iron for 250 cash. I know it is pretty rare, but I like to buy iron on the cheap. It is in good condition, but I couldn't snap any pics. I don't sell much, but I am curious on the value. This will become my user but I never like to pay more than something is worth. I cant find recent comps. Anyone know what one of these might be worth? Should I pick it up?
thanks,
Kyle

eBay sold listings show that more common #18s are worth at least that much or more. A #19 went for over $1000 two months ago, with 27 bidders.

there was a 19 high base that sold at the last dinkys auction... however after everyone was looking it over during the preview it looked like someone had ground or milled one of the paddles, I guess to smooth out some pitting or something... when you closed the paddles they didn't fit together correctly with a big gap where the one paddle had been ground down. They even made a special announcement when it came up for bidding... note this has been modified... you are bidding on it as is... and it still sold for $700.
so if you have a chance at a 19 heart and star for 250... you're overthinking it if you didn't hand them the cash immediately.

I saw a nice one sell a couple of years ago at one of the dinkys iron collection auctions and it sold for well over $1k... I'm thinking it was closer to $2k.

I wouldn’t say I am overthinking, just cheap;). I like to find deals but I have been looking for a heart and star for a long time. Funny the first one I see in person is a 19. Just wanted to double check and make sure it was a good deal. I figure you all would like to see pictures so they are posted below. Ended up paying 240 after taxes. They took my offer at 225 cash. Happy picking.
Kyle
https://imgur.com/a/rX15Uh5

Back