Nice to meet you and here's what I found at yard sales today.

Chuck P

Greetings from southeast Georgia. I just joined the forum today and this is my first post. I checked out a few yard sales today and didn't find anything too exciting. I came home with one piece, a number 8 Lodge pre 1960 chicken fryer with lid. I almost didn't buy it because my negotiating mojo was weak today. I left without it but came back a couple of hours later and gave the tough old battle axe the $20 she wanted.

I'm more excited about the $5 propane fish fryer I got at another yard sale (It is made of cast iron). Now I can make my wife happy by taking my smoky, stinky cast iron searing outdoors. The guy at that yard sale offered me two of those little cast iron saucepans with the wooden handles probably from Taiwan for $1 each but I passed. Maybe I should have bought them?

I left without it but came back a couple of hours later and gave the tough old battle axe the $20 she wanted.

The guy at that yard sale offered me two of those little cast iron saucepans with the wooden handles probably from Taiwan for $1 each but I passed. Maybe I should have bought them?

The lid looks like it might have heat damage (the red part), won't really do any harm on a lid though.

The wooden handled sauce pans, I see those all the time. Taiwan.

The lid looks like it might have heat damage (the red part), won't really do any harm on a lid though.

The wooden handled sauce pans, I see those all the time. Taiwan.

I see the wood handled pans all the time too, especially at Goodwill. Best part is..Goodwill thinks they are worth something and prices them fairly high. But, places rusty Griswold and Wagner pans much lower. Love it!!

Back