Hello From Doug (Not *that* Doug)

DougH

Hi...I'm Doug, but not that Doug, and figured I'd say hello. I've been lurking and learning for a few weeks now, and figured I should sign up.

I'm relatively new to CI and am enjoying it quite a bit as I learn to use the pieces I've got. I have 4 skillets currently that have been cleaned and seasoned and are in rotation...and I have probably 10-12 pieces that I haven't gotten to yet. I'm planning to get an electrolysis tank set up once it's not winter and try it out. I did my current skillets in the self clean oven, but I've since heard about how that can be hazardous to your CI, so I don't plan to do that method again.

Anyway, hello, and thanks for having a great and informative community here.

Welcome to the madness! If you love it, you can't leave it alone. I'm more of a user than a collector, but let me see one at a good price at an estate sale/yard/garage sale--I'll get it, whether its a named one or not, long as its not foreign. I might as well be a collector, as many as I have.

So far, I view everything I buy as a potential user...I really like cooking with them and taking care of them. As I continue to buy pieces, I may have some that are more collectible than usable...but who knows. That'll be part I'll figure out along the way.

Back