Crusty 5

BrentS

I picked this one up over the weekend. Time for the e-tank and uncover the treasure. I'm guessing it's a #5 BSR...

Please educate me if I'm wrong on the maker.
Thanks for looking..... BrentS

I certainly wouldn't bet against your assessment. I love getting pans that are so barnacled up I don't know what they are, but haven't found one in quite some time.

I've found two old Lodge pans. They had so much on the bottom that they looked like no notch pans but were 3 notch and 1 notch pans. Also a Wapak that I just knew was an old pan.

I'm really enjoying cleaning cast iron... I got a #3-3 notch lodge with the deal. There's just something about crusty iron that appeals to me.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

I've found two old Lodge pans. They had so much on the bottom that they looked like no notch pans but were 3 notch and 1 notch pans. Also a Wapak that I just knew was an old pan.
Congrats on the Wapak. Don't you just love discovering an awesome pan under all that crusty stuff..

Fast forward... It's out of the e tank, scrubbed and just finished it's 3rd round of heat treatment seasoning going back in the oven for #4 as this is being posted... I'm liking the way this one is turning out.

Thanks for the commits !

Back