Descoware DO

Happened upon this while killing time waiting for my wife and daughter to finish their shift at today's GS cookie sale booth. My first enameled cast iron, it's a citron Descoware. Looks in pretty good shape for its age, there are no chips, though the enamel bottom has the expected age cracking. Nothing you can feel, but they're there.

40282559502_5aba687f6a_c.jpg

40327924071_486f70111c_c.jpg

40327907541_18cb2101fb_c.jpg

Markings on the lid are -

FE
2 (10 over 24) E
BELGIUM

Nice pickup, you can’t go wrong with descoware. Great quality that still holds up well to the modern ones for a fraction of the price when found most of the time.

Right. Having no previous experience with enamelware, I have been keeping an eye out for a dutch oven. I wanted to learn on something inexpensive first, rather than risk ruining a pricey new Le Creuset or Staub. Obviously this is a used piece, but I couldn't pass it up given that the DO has its matching lid and an intact internal surface.

She cleaned up well. She's no spring chicken, but that's alright. She's perfect for my purposes, as her condition invites use rather than investment.

38542494100_84cf6185f1_c.jpg

I recently got a Descoware DO myself, you will love yours too. Its my 2nd enameled piece. I think yours is very nice!

---------- Post added at 06:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 AM ----------

I forgot to mention mine was damaged during shipping. The handle was broken off. I still use it, but I'm going to ask for help on here to see if theres any way to fix it.

Sorry to hear that. Mine isn't in quite the condition I had hoped, though I still got lucky. Cleaning revealed a few minor chips along the exterior rim, but nothing excessive. It's better than many younger pots I've seen. Not so much as to take away from the pots utility and beauty; instead there is just enough to bring to mind the Japanese concept of wabi-sabi.

Back