Unmarked #8 CI Skillet

Arthur Yates

I have an unmarked # 8 Cast Iron Skillet that has the number 8 on the top of the handle and the letter A stamped on the underside next to the skillet. I am thinking that it is an unmarked Wagner but cannot find anything to prove it. Can anyone help me identify this piece of CI? :bow:

Attachments

• 100_0147.jpg
    100_0147.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 100_0149.jpg
    100_0149.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 100_0150.jpg
    100_0150.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 63
If it's not inordinately heavy, I'd call it unmarked Wagner from before they put descriptive markings like 6-1/2" SKILLET. If it feels like the bottom is thicker and heavier than a normal Wagner, it could be someone's copy using a Wagner as a pattern.

If it's not inordinately heavy, I'd call it unmarked Wagner from before they put descriptive markings like 6-1/2" SKILLET. If it feels like the bottom is thicker and heavier than a normal Wagner, it could be someone's copy using a Wagner as a pattern.

Doug D, The skillet doesn't feel any heavier than a #8 Wagner, thus I also think it is an earlier Wagner. Thank you for your input. :icon_thumbsup:

There is one for sale on Iron Man Auctions on Facebook. They ID it as a Wagner fatty skillet. Sorry for the earlier post, I've never seen a blank Wagner skillet before.

Scott

Back