Cast Iron Collector Forums  

Go Back   Cast Iron Collector Forums > General Discussion > New Collector's Corner


New Collector's Corner A Friendly Forum for Those New to the Hobby. No Question Is Too Basic, So Ask Away.

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2021, 08:53 PM
JulianH JulianH is offline
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 9
Default What Are These Notches?

I see these notches on a lot of fully ribbed handles. Can someone please tell me what causes this? I'm trying to imagine any common kitchen activity that would produce enough force to dent cast iron like this. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg il_794xN.2827758858_19x4.jpg (47.2 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg il_794xN.2912927663_ogsu.jpg (81.2 KB, 28 views)
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2021, 11:38 PM
Doug D. Doug D. is offline
Site Admin
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,243
Default Re: What Are These Notches?

Cast iron doesn't dent. The damage was likely to the aluminum pattern, assuming it was not an intentionally-made marking device.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 09:05 AM
SeanD SeanD is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Central PA
Posts: 749
Default Re: What Are These Notches?

I have a few Wapaks that have those marks too....sometimes 1, sometimes 3....maybe a shift indicator? I always wondered that too.
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


- Website Directory -

This site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program,
an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn
advertising fees by advertising and linking to or its affiliates.
This page contains ads and links that earn commissions for CIC.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.