Estate Sale Questions

It may be too late to post this, but I'll try. I found out about an estate sale that is starting tomorrow that has what appears to be some collectable CI. Looking for any thoughts about what they've posted pictures of, and possible values:

Muffin pan with pattern 948B, but can't see a Griswold name on it:

Looks like two more CI pans on the left, but doubtful anybody can tell any more about them than I can:

I don't really have any interest in aluminum alloy cookware at this time, but here are a few of those

GRISWOLD is on the center cup, NO. 10 on the top center. I see a Magnalite cover, but no pot to match. The blue bowl in the stack at the right and the clear oblong covered refrigerator box are interesting, Bonnie.

Doug I was thinking the same thing. Isn't that the turquoise missing bowl for the horizon set? I think the Refrigerator dish might be Westinghouse and I have a soft spot for those. :)

Thanks, guys! Wish me luck.

Would you say, $15 tops on the muffin pan?

I wish they showed more about the skillets. Curved bottoms... I prefer the more straight sided, with heat rings. These look more like chef's skillets to me, but I'm still interested.

Magnalite seems pretty common... but mostly, I don't know much about it yet. I do like the art deco funk to what I've seen, though. I'll tell you... last flea market I went to, I wished that I had been collecting aluminum/magnesium than cast iron!!! LOL!

I think there are two separate stacks of CI and the one on the counter has my interest. The pan on the bottom of the stack appears to be thin walled with an outside heat ring.

I think there are two separate stacks of CI and the one on the counter has my interest. The pan on the bottom of the stack appears to be thin walled with an outside heat ring.
It does, doesn't it?!? The bottom one near the mixer. I see it! Oh, I'm excited now!

There are also a couple of Magnalite(?) tea kettles that I think may be Griswold.

If the muffin pan is undamaged, more like $25-30 would not be unreasonable. Less if you can get it. I got two Erie #10/948 for $45 for both.

I would pay $15 for the muffin pan. You probably won't find a better deal than that.

What do you think that yellow enameled CI pot is? I know it's not Dansk but the lifter handle sure looks familiar.

I think that's only one stack of CI and it's in front of the stand mixer with the small scale next to it. The bottom one looks like stamped steel or spun aluminum.

Look at the picture with the turquoise bowl. What do you think about the bottom pan in that stack? All the other pans look thick but that one doesn't.

I think that's only one stack of CI and it's in front of the stand mixer with the small scale next to it. The bottom one looks like stamped steel or spun aluminum.

That is the same stack, isn't it? I can see a bit of the scale just to the right of the stack in the close-up picture, and the base of the stand mixer behind it, but in the one picture, it looks like only two nested skillets, one with a square shoulder. In the closeup, it looks like 5 rounded shoulder ones. Oh well... I'll see tomorrow, if they haven't sold already. Plan to be there when they start giving out numbers. Wish me luck.

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Not sure about the one in back, but the front one has potential.
Yeah, I personally prefer that one, because of the shape. But wasn't that safety fill thing on the other one a Griswold patent?

Hi, feel like adding my 2 cents worth! I'd love to own either of those big tea kettles. The water around here is at least 50% melted rock, I swear, and it trashes tea kettles without fail! I like the yellow saucepan too, and the big Magnalite pot with cover. (The Art Deco style IS attractive.) Magnalite is built to use forever, providing no bad scratches or dents. No major chips or other damage on the enamel, and you can get many years of use from it too. Oh, and the muffin pan which started this? Looks like a lovely piece, but I do have a very soft spot for gem pans! PLEASE let us know how this shakes out for you--I have a serious case of auction fever which was engendered at about 5 years of age, so I'd love to hear all about it. PS What state or province is this sale located in? Thanks, S.

Hi, feel like adding my 2 cents worth! I'd love to own either of those big tea kettles. The water around here is at least 50% melted rock, I swear, and it trashes tea kettles without fail! I like the yellow saucepan too, and the big Magnalite pot with cover. (The Art Deco style IS attractive.) Magnalite is built to use forever, providing no bad scratches or dents. No major chips or other damage on the enamel, and you can get many years of use from it too. Oh, and the muffin pan which started this? Looks like a lovely piece, but I do have a very soft spot for gem pans! PLEASE let us know how this shakes out for you--I have a serious case of auction fever which was engendered at about 5 years of age, so I'd love to hear all about it. PS What state or province is this sale located in? Thanks, S.
I'm in Minnesota, Sharon. The estate sale is in Medicine Lake, just to the west of Minneapolis. I will be sure to keep you posted.

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

"The water around here is at least 50% melted rock"

Off-topic, but whoever the marketer was that came up with the terms, "hard water" and "soft water" was a genius.

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

Neither kettle is safety fill.
Ah, yes... what I thought was a safety fill is just the front ferrule from the handle that has fallen off and slid down.

Back