Any Thoughts on These Two Lodge Pieces with Labels?

I posted both of them to the same fb group for lodge cast iron... and a 'moderator' sent me a msg saying I needed to identify my iron before posting it to their group, they were for lodge only. I said the dutch oven has a lodge label on it... are you suggesting that it wasn't made by lodge? and he replied that the dutch oven was a taiwan copy of a lodge and that some unscrupulous seller took an original lodge label off of another piece and stuck it on that piece to sell it for a higher price. I suggested he approve the post and maybe some others would have some other opinions and he ignored me and wouldn't respond... so the dutch oven never got posted or discussed by supposed 'lodge cast iron lovers'. mind like a steel trap... rusted shut.

I don't recall ever seeing a skillet with both SK and the shift ID blob.

I think he was saying that lodge did both styles at the same time or within the same range... some one way and some the other... I suspect the year range should be further refined and one style was made earlier and the other style later but since no one knows when the change happened no one wants to be the one to define the two time periods

Back