Enameled Favorite Piqua Dutch Oven ????

Jody M

IMG_1471.jpg

IMG_1472.jpg
Picked this Favorite Piqua Ware dutch oven up at an auction Saturday. It is coated in white enamel and is the same size as my Griswold #8. Beside the logo in the picture, the only other marking is 3F8D on the underside of the lid. I've never seen an enameled Piqua piece of any kind before, and can't find any information on this particular dutch oven in enamel. I was hoping someone on here might have some insight. Is this piece rare? Valuable? It is in pretty decent shape, with some light chipping and stains on the bottom mostly. Really a cool looking piece (especially like the iron ring) that I was excited to get.

Many owners only give the color photos in the middle of the BB a cursory look, but the identical piece is there on pg. 220, along with several other FPW enameled. Yes, the color (cream) is rare. Book value $100-150 if intact.

Thanks for the quick response Doug. I often see people refer to the BB as a reference source. Is this information available online, or do you actually need a hard copy? Is there an updated price guide put out annually?

Doug, I did a search on here and figured out the the answer to my questions about the Blue Book. I guess I should have done that before asking, lol. Thanks again. Really happy with this dutch oven find. It's in pretty decent shape. I cleaned the enameled surface with some degreaser and some Comet cleaner on the most stubborn parts, and was extremely pleased with the results.The inside of the pot seemed nicely seasoned, so I lightly scrubbed it out with a stiff, plastic, bristled brush and then reseasoned the inside of the pot along with the underside of the lid with Crisco. Very pleased with the results.

Back