Greetings from the West

CFunk

Looking forward to sharing all of your cast iron info. My first iron pieces were three older Wagner skillets, given to me in the 1960s. A stint on the East coast in the 1970s led me to flea-market finds: a three-legged bulge pot, a gem pan, a corn muffin pan. Have bought some new pieces, but the old ones are my mainstays for everyday cooking and camping. (The bulge pot also goes camping with me - great for campfire chili.) My 4-3-4 gem pan is unlike any for which I've seen photos, with wide, flat, sturdy end handles, and has no makers marks. It has a sprue mark in the center cup.

Welcome to the forum CFunk. Lots to read and learn here. OH! We like photos of your iron, as it helps with identification of any pieces that you want to share.

Would love to see your 4-3-4 gem pan. Does your three-legged bulge pot have any marks on it?

Thanks. No marks on the bulge pot. Photos of the 4-3-4 gem pan attached, showing handles, which have similar irregularities on the surface areas of both ends. Note the circular mark in the center gem; it is slightly recessed on the inside of the gem and slightly raised on the bottom side.

Attachments

• DSC09862.jpg
    DSC09862.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC09878.jpg
    DSC09878.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC09863.jpg
    DSC09863.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
There is one more mark on the outside of one of the center end gems. The mark doesn't carry through to the inside of the gem.

Attachments

• DSC09883.jpg
    DSC09883.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 23
Welcome CFunk,

How far out West are you. AZ, NV, OR, WA, CA ? Just wondering. There are a few of us West coasters here.

Back